I was so excited to do these extremely simple cupcakes for a co-workers gender reveal. Granted it’s not a new technique or anything …but we’re talking BABIES and anything related to babies is awesome.
Last night my dear friend Nicole came over to help me whip these up (and save my sanity because my day had been just awful). There is nothing like making cupcakes to turn a frown upside down.
- 3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven 350
- Cream butter on medium speed for 30 seconds
- Add sugar 1/4 cup at a time and mix for 2 minutes
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each egg
- Add vanilla
- In a medium bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder
- Add 1/2 cup at a time alternating with milk to wet ingredients
For cakes grease pans (batter will make 2 9 inch rounds on average or 24 cupcake) and bake 20-25 minutes, for cupcakes grease or line with liners and bake about 20 minutes.
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- About 5 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cream together butter & shortening
- Add vanilla
- Add powdered sugar alternating with milk (about every cup or so)
To make the reveal a true surprise I added frosting to the center of the cupcakes in the color that represented the baby’s gender.
It’s A Boy!!!